Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Filling Your Lamps with Oil

Our lesson in Relief Society last week was on the parable of the 10 virgins. At the end of the lesson, an invitation was given to do something everyday that would add oil to your lamps and then to share your experience doing so on our blog. We would love to hear about how adding oil to your lamp daily has impacted your life. Please feel free to post a comment about your experience here.

1 comment:

  1. This last week I had opportunities each day to add oil to my lamp. I'll just share 2 experiences here that I had. Last Friday, I had the opportunity to pray that the Lord would open a way for someone I work with to attend the temple that day with his granddaughter who was receiving her endowment. The night before, it looked like he wouldn't be able to make it due to work. I knew he really wanted to go though. I got to exercise my faith and then watch the Lord work a small miracle. Things worked out so he could go. This experience allowed me to add to the oil of my faith and trust in the Lord. I know He is aware of us and the sincere desires of our heart. He will open doors for us if we will exercise our faith in Him.

    That same day, I was invited to share the title of the last book I had read or was reading in a training meeting at work. I shared that I was reading Pres. Monson's biography. A person in the room asked me who Thomas Monson was. I had the chance to explain that he was the prophet of the LDS church. It was a great opportunity for me to have a small missionary moment amongst my professional colleagues and to add oil to my lamp by bearing witness of who our prophet is.

    ReplyDelete